My Goals

Get a degree in fine art, maybe even a masters... Study with a Master. Study Realism and abstract art. Paint in classical style in water color, oil and acrylic. Mae my own paint. Paint modern, abstract and surreal subjects in a classical way. Make social comment through art. Start an international woman's artists collective. Build a web site full of art resources. Do Collaborative art with women around the world. Show.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What I have been doing...My Mother's flowers...

Experimenting with acrylic paint and trying to render my first still life floral with drapery. This started with about 4 attempts in paint (which failed miserably), then it sat on my easel for about 4 solid days as a pencil rendering on oil paper while I toiled and toiled on it trying to get it just right...., thank goodness oil paper is so sturdy or I would have rubbed holes in it with my eraser.... I do love the colors though and I guess not too bad for first attempt... This is my first canvas, for an online class I am taking called organic backgrounds. I love it, though it feels more collage-y and crafty than masterly artist..the techniques are very fun though with layering and layering more stuff one over the other. It is only at stage 2 out of 5..so stay tuned.
This is a pencil drawing of a photo I took of a puppet from Asia that I loved that I pan to use as my focal element on the background above...
This is another canvas from the same class...again stage 2 out of 5...

2 comments:

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

They all look beautiful! It looks like you've been having fun. :)

Anonymous said...

they all look gorgeous!

Arlene,
Lakewood flowers