My Goals

Get a degree in fine art, maybe even a masters... Study with a Master. Study Realism and abstract art. Paint in classical style in water color, oil and acrylic. Mae my own paint. Paint modern, abstract and surreal subjects in a classical way. Make social comment through art. Start an international woman's artists collective. Build a web site full of art resources. Do Collaborative art with women around the world. Show.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Serious happiness...

Started my first day of the Wed A.M art classes. all went well , with the possible exception of a case of the inflating course fee, but...humumm... I am so all fired up about this it though a bit more than I had been previously told is still well more than ok.

So this morning when I arrived RIGHT AFTER re-hashing the fee structure again, granted in another language which always makes it a bit dicey, we began ...at the beginning... with EYES.

I say this because in my fashion illustration days I always...no matter what I was illustrating... I ALWAYS began with the eyes. Upper lids first, a set of thick and sultry lashes and then the irises, dark shaded and so smoky the pupils are indistinguishable, followed by a set of finely arched and artfully pencilled brows, an aquiline nose and thick matte red lips a-la-80's. Oooh I loved it...

...and then perhaps a sleek up-do, some dangly earrings, a sexy armpit and then the dress...a slinky curve revealing dress cut out of the finest jersey with a back cut down to there a touch of ruching over a flat belly and a shoulder pad, yes those Dallas shoulder pads, .... or perhaps a floating ball gown with a fur stole, an elegant pant suit with oh-so-strappy heels...Oriental satins, Thai silks, Italian brocades and French tulle, all opulent and gorgeous...ahh yes those were the opulent 80's...'

But wait I digress...

So this is what we began with today and it seems it DOES all begin with the eyes...

The examples...

and mine...








1 comment:

oreneta said...

Nice nice nice nice nice....can't wait to see noses! This looks like a lovely rigorous course.