My Goals

Get a degree in fine art, maybe even a masters... Study with a Master. Study Realism and abstract art. Paint in classical style in water color, oil and acrylic. Mae my own paint. Paint modern, abstract and surreal subjects in a classical way. Make social comment through art. Start an international woman's artists collective. Build a web site full of art resources. Do Collaborative art with women around the world. Show.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Update on the Villa in Pen and ink

Here it is...the final version.

It was really fun to experiment with the pen and all the different ways of using it. Rendering buildings, trees, roofing, stone walls, shrubs, and then later to add the 3 color washes, starting with a whisper of ink and then ending with a darker version. It looks a bit rounded and that is due to the camera lens.

I also realize that this would be great technique to use with water color. I think the color would really bring it to life.











The second piece is another freer technique and is a copy of a piece from Torsten's portfolio.
It is interesting how the photograph of the work brings out the faults and now looking at it I
would like to have another go at it. But ...I think I won't. Interesting tho and lots of fun. A real introduction for me as I have never worked with this Media and in this way.

2 comments:

oreneta said...

You are soooo talented!!!!

Green jealous comments over here...

Don't bother calling tonight, I have a meeting at the school.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hey, can you post the villa pieces together so they can be viewed as a group?
Great work.
Patti