My Goals

Get a degree in fine art, maybe even a masters... Study with a Master. Study Realism and abstract art. Paint in classical style in water color, oil and acrylic. Mae my own paint. Paint modern, abstract and surreal subjects in a classical way. Make social comment through art. Start an international woman's artists collective. Build a web site full of art resources. Do Collaborative art with women around the world. Show.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Here is what I did yesterday..

A little more work with Charcoal and watercolor together...


The photo I chose to work with, I think it is gorgeous..no? I love the hand



First I decided this time to work a bit larger so this one will end up about 3'X4'. So, the first step is to do a rough sketch of the form in charcoal, just lightly, get the form right, then you clean it by gently flopping it with a soft cloth, like dusting, but not rubbing, then set it lightly with a fixative spray.

Then you do a soft wash with a watercolor deepening the shadows and leaving highlights, and then let it dry.
Keep layering the water color progressively getting darker, until you have a contour you like and then let it dry.


Once the work is dry start adding more charcoal lighter and finer first and then finishing with darker accents, remembering to look at shadows.

This is the end result.
What do you think?

1 comment:

Beth said...

I think - Keep that "great big creative fire burning!"
Excellent.